I simply don't get it. Does everyone act like teenagers? What is it that makes a person your best friend an then they switch like a glitch in a computer an totally break down into something you never expected. Once upon a time ago I knew someone. This person was someone I confided in, someone I trusted, an most of all someone who I knew if I gifted my friendship to them that it wouldn't be taken for granted. An seriously I truly believed in that. Friendship I believe shouldn't be taken lightly. When I was growing up the true value of friendship was ideal. I'm the type of person that if I put any time an effort in to something I believe in the value of whatever it may be. It consist of Loyalty, Trust, Honesty an Truth. Well anyway back to my friend, one day when my friend needed me the most in the entire world i dropped everything an put all my energy an time for them, because of a tragic death. I completely thought at the time that I really knew this person. We went through school together, we were pregnant at the same time. I'm mean our guys were almost the same. It was so ironic, it was kinda like being twins. Yeah it was serious similarities. But after the loss of their loved one the aftermath for me was devastating as well. I told her that life isn't fair, but it almost seemed like god picked either me or her whose life will change forever. The one thing that I didn't get was after that, a few months down the road I just kinda feel like she ignores me. I knew that person that had passed, it was sad how they left and it wasn't fair that their life was taken. But I saw her at her worst and I cared for her as much as I could. I didn't call her 24_7, but i gave her, her own personal privacy and I would call or text her to say hi and that I am here for you like any human being would do. But why, why would she kinda ignore me? well at least thats how I feel. You think you know a person an then boom, they can turn into someone you can't recognize. I have no harsh feelings toward her but I felt like I really showed my true colors an it backfired in my face. I call her Once Upon a Time Ago because when i knew who I thought who she really was once upon a time ago. When people put their heart on the line, when people are true an their for you out of their own space I think it should be recognized. In this day an age we truly need a good friend. People are getting kicked out of their homes, families live on the streets, an some are riding so thin their leverage will break at any time. An when a caring hand is their to support you recognize that persons kindness an friendship. America my statement to you is to not take people in your circle for granted because one day they might not even recognize you.
Written by: Nathalia Hernandez
rocketsflair22@yahoo.com
check out my myspace, search: pequena101@yahoo.com
http://community.mtvtr3s.com/profile/HipHopDancer321
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

The world is changing.People have no marals anymore,just look around you and you'll see what im talkin about,tv the media,all these social influences which dilute the mind..
ReplyDelete